Best Tips for Baby Jewelry & Professional Photography
How to Enhance Your Baby’s Photo Session with Baby Jewelry
Every mother wants her child to look extra special when she’s hired a professional photographer to capture special family moments. She’s probably put a lot of thought and effort into picking baby’s outfit and deciding where and when to have the newborn or child portraits taken to create unique and personalized photos of her family she’ll cherish forever. And giving baby an unexpected accessory, like jewelry, is the perfect element to set the session apart.
Baby jewelry isn’t something that’s just recently become trendy — whether gifted for christenings, baptisms, or following a custom of ear-piercing at birth, it’s a tradition that’s been discovered to date back to ancient cultures, and has become increasingly popular again in the recent years. And picking out a small necklace, bracelet, or the perfect set of earrings for your child to wear is a unique and beautiful way to enhance your baby or toddler’s professional photo session.
*The age of your child is also an important factor when it comes to safety. If your child is ten or under, you’ll want to provide supervision at all times when they are wearing their jewelry. Remove all jewelry before naps, being placed in a car seat, bedtime, or anything other unattended play time.
Best Jewelry for Baby - What Looks Best?
Whether you’re planning on earrings, a bracelet, or a necklace for baby’s special photos, you might want to consider what type of jewelry looks best on and flatters baby the most. Since baby jewelry is made for kids ages newborn to preteen, facial shape isn’t as important, but knowing your child’s skin tone and which pieces will flatter her the most is helpful.Best Metals for Cool Skin Tones:
If you detect a rosy undertone to your child’s skin, she has a cool skin tone. White gold or silver jewelry will especially enhance and bring out her youthful glow.Best Metals for Warm Skin Tones:
Your child will have warm skin tones if she has greenish veins or her skin has an apricot or subtle yellow tone. Metals such as rose gold and gold will enhance her coloring.Other Baby/Child Photography Session Tips:
- When it comes to clothing, pick a neutral color that will complement baby and help her pretty jewelry stand out. Blacks, ivories, greys, dusty brown, deep blue, or other earthy tones will make sure baby and her jewelry accessories stand out in the photographs.
- Pick something sparkly, yet small. It might be tempting to stick with a super basic piece of jewelry for your little one’s photo session, but selecting a piece with crystals that’s paired with a neutral outfit, will bring a subtle sparkle to the photos.
- If you’re planning a newborn portrait shoot, make sure baby is comfortable. Choosing a less restrictive piece of jewelry, like a bangle bracelet or some tiny earrings will keep her feeling comfy and natural.
- Coordinate, don’t “match”. Picking a color palette and selecting clothing and jewelry that complement each other instead of matching completely will help set your photos apart and offers you and your kiddos a chance to be themselves for the session.
Best Type of Jewelry For Newborn Photo Sessions:
- Earrings - If you’ve decided to have your baby’s ears pierced at birth, a new pair of earrings is the perfect way to make her first photo session extra special. For newborns,screw-back earrings or hoops are very secure once in baby’s ears and ensure that nothing can end up in baby’s mouth despite tugging or pulling at her ears.Huggie hoop earrings work well for a delicate look or for especially tiny earlobes.
- Bracelets: Abeaded or sparkly bangle bracelet is a perfect piece to make her feel like she’s a princess if your child does not have pierced ears. Sizes are adjustable, ensuring that the bracelet fits baby snugly but comfortably. Bracelets are a good photo session accessory option for warmer climates where your child might not need to wear a sweater or long sleeves, and is large enough to provide more peace of mind when it comes to safety.
- Necklaces:A tiny, delicate necklace is a unique way to enhance your newborn’s photo session. Choose a metal that won’t irritate her fragile skin, and be sure to keep an eye on her while she wears it. Remove it once the photo session is complete.
Best Type of Jewelry For Toddler Photo Sessions:
- Earrings: The choices for toddler earrings should still err on the side of caution and safety, but this is a good age for her to start wearing delicatedrop earrings or something a little more sparkly for photo sessions or special occasions.
- Bracelets: With adjustable sizing and a wide range of colors, it’s easy to find a sparkly and fun bracelet for your toddler to wear in her photo shoot, and is the perfect age-appropriate piece of jewelry. Have her pick her favorite color, or pick one that complements her outfit she’ll be wearing on her special day.
- Necklaces: Ages 3 and up is the perfect age to introduce your little girl to the charm of wearing a pretty necklace. Depending on her own sense of fashion, a delicate pendant necklace or a simple fine metal chain can make her feel especially pretty.
Best Type of Jewelry for Kids/Preteens Photo Sessions:
- Earrings, Bracelets, or Necklaces: Once your child’s age ranges from 6-10 years, she’s probably developed much more of a sense of her own personal style and will no longer require as much supervision when it comes to wearing her jewelry.Drop earrings,pendant necklaces, and a set of shinybangles are all perfect accessories for your young lady to wear for a photo session.
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.